|Employment at Buckley |
The Buckley School seeks faculty members who are well-trained in their discipline and care deeply about the growth and development of boys. Candidates should be committed to contributing to the development of each student and to the School both in and out of the classroom. Qualifications vary depending upon the position. The Buckley School seeks teachers with varied interests and talents outside their classroom subject to add to the overall strength of our program.
Buckley believes in offering professional development opportunities for its teachers and staff members to learn both from their colleagues as well as from formal programs held outside the School. New Buckley teachers are afforded the opportunity to participate in an extensive orientation process that introduces them to the School, its culture and traditions. In addition to introductory meetings with department heads, administrators and the full staff in the late summer and early fall, faculty members are paired with mentor teachers who support and guide them through their first year at the School.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Buckley School is an equal opportunity employer. Buckley does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, ethnicity, carrier status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Buckley School actively seeks diversity in its faculty and student body.
The preferred candidate will have experience in independent schools or another academic setting. Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Network Manager will be part of a team of the IT/Computer department staff. Besides working on a very stable infrastructure, the Network Manger will help the department work on some very exciting projects, such as the integration of iPads and netbooks in the classrooms.
This is a full-time, 12 month position. The successful candidate must be driven; with strong interpersonal and communications skills who is willing to assist colleagues with a wide range of technical abilities.
Primary duties include:
- Help maintain the physical infrastructure of the school network, which consists of a fleet of 180 computers, including desktops, laptops and servers. The Network Manager should be comfortable working with both PCs and Macs.
- Work with the Director of Technology and with the help of the other technology department staff, inventory, deploy, image, and replace 20 to 50 new systems per year.
- Assist with the help desk support of faculty and staff.
- Administrate user accounts, Exchange 2007, Citrix, Symantec Backup Exec 12.5, Filemaker Server 11, AuctionPay and Web Help Desk.
- Help administrate Blackbaud’s Education Edge and Raiser’s Edge databases.
- Oversee the continued development of the school's WhippleHill website, which involves, overseeing content, navigation and new services offered by WhippleHill.
- Help manage WhippleHill’s podium database which entails the updating and roll over of student, parent, faculty and alumni information at the end of each academic year.
- Assist with the troubleshooting and resolution of network problems.
- Participate in weekly IT department meetings.
- Help with the maintenance of FileMaker databases for report cards and requisitions and with the creation of new databases such as attendance and longitudinal tracking of student grades.
- Participate and/or lead faculty and staff technology training sessions.
- Provide technical support for a few night events that occur over the course of the academic year.
- Other duties as assigned.
Registrar - The registrar is responsible for all academic record keeping and management of central school databases. He/she is charged with the planning of the master calendar for the School and for all student/faculty schedules, and coordinating such with the Division Heads, the Headmaster and the Assistant Headmaster, to whom he/she reports. This is a full year (12 month) position.
Please click here for a full job description.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé via e-mail to email@example.com
Please put the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.